Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.
The Emblem of the Helping Hand award created by Sojourner's Place as a symbol of help, support, and encouragement to up and coming bloggers and appreciation for those who mentor those new to the blogosphere.
This is a very auspicious award and I am proud and honored to have received it! But I must admit that I am chagrined at the same time. I was given this fabulous award before. As a matter of fact I was one of the very first honorees and was awarded this by the maker of the award. I do not believe I acknowledged it properly. The end of June 2008 I was in the process of moving from New York to Texas and I got this award in that transition period. As a matter of fact I believe the day we started out on our road trip was the day the award was given. We had a whirlwind end of June which involved birthdays, graduations and moving, if you missed it check out the post HERE. I was without home Internet for about 3 weeks between June and July and some things got caught up in that black hole. So I humbly apologize to my blogging sister SJP for not following through...
1. Select 10 bloggers: 5 you consider your blogging Helping Hand then "Pay it Forward" by extending your "Helping Hand" to 5 additional bloggers in support and encouragement for their efforts.
2, In passing on the Emblem, each recipient must provide the name of blog or blog author with a link for others to visit. Each recipient must show the Emblem and put the name and link to the blog that has given it to her or him.
3. Link the Emblem to this post: Helping Hand: Much Obliged and Paying it Forward so that others will know it origin and impetus.
4. If you have not already done so, show your recipients some love by adding them to your blog roll, Technorati Favorite list, or in any other way to further let them know that their blog voice is important to you and being heard.
5. Add your name to The Helping Hand meme and don't forget to leave a comment as a permanent record of all Helping Hand recipients.
6. Display the rules.
OK, now that the Apology and the rules are out of the way let's get down to business!
My Blogging Helping Hands or you can call them blogging mentors are 5 bloggers who in some way helped me to find my way into blogging or helped me to establish my own blogging voice!
- Livin With Me - This fabulous woman started me in blogging! She is a very dear friend of mine (who I miss terribly!) from another life time! She is a stay at home mom, with a beautiful baby, great family and she authors THREE blogs! Yet she finds time to help and befriend so many others. Thanks Melanie!
- Electronic Village - This man helped me to find my "black voice" in the over whelming sea of blogs that are virtually flooding the blogosphere. This blog ALWAYS has posts, articles or commentary about the black diaspora that keep us in the know. He helped me to connect with other members of the black diaspora! Thanks Villager!
- The Marvalas View - This fabulous young lady is what I consider my little sister of the blogosphere! She was one of my first regular visitors and we had an instant connection! She embraces the changes in her life and learns from them. Her views on life are always compelling and real and her reaction to life makes for interesting reading! Her blog is a daily read for me. Ms. Marvalas you are just that!
- Sojourners's Place - A very informative and thoughtful place to end up. This blog always highlights pictures of missing children that are overlooked by the main stream media. I can always get news, commentary, views and history from this blog! This is another blog I had an instant connection with! Love you SJP!
- Sit With Me A While - This is one of the most inspirational blogs that I have had the pleasure of visiting. Sharon has really taken the word "Change" to another level. She also adopted me as one of her Sisters in Faith early on in my blogging and I am still honored. She has great faith and awesome words of wisdom and encouragement. Thanks Sharon!
- From A Yellow House In England - This blog is a fabulous look at life from an Englander's perspective!
- The Diva's Blessed Life - This blog is a fabulous read by a fabulous woman, mother and wife with SIX kids and she still finds time to blog! Whew!
- Kinshar's World - This blog and blogger are just plain crazy! Oyin is young, fun, and full of.... life!!
- I Don't Give A Bleep - This blog offers a very unique view and commentary on things we often think about but do not voice! A very interesting read!
- Cappuccino Soul - I love this blog! It has a different range and focus but makes social justice and cultural perspectives very real!