I wrote this for Blissfully Domestic on April 21, 2010. You can find the original post HERE!
Quality Beauty Products that Won’t Leave You Bankrupt
Are you stuck in a beauty rut?
Are you tired of the same old regular beauty routine? Do you realize that if you use the same facial care routine, hair care routine and skin care routine for a prolonged period of time your body become accustomed to it? Just as you change your make-up colors when the seasons change you should change your entire beauty regimen. When you use the same things all the time your body becomes used to the ingredients and may build up a resistance to the products that you use.
If you are like me then you hate the guess work of buying new beauty products. You buy something that looks good, smells good, and even looked good on the commercials. You get it home, try it out and you HATE IT! So you go back to the store and try it again. This kind of trial and error is very costly! So why not give your pocketbook and your skin a break from store bought beauty aids? Do you realize that there are things that you can do at home with products you probably already have in your kitchen and bathroom?
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – is a good make up remover, skin softener (face and body), hair conditioner.
- Olive Oil & Egg Yolk – Hair conditioner.
- Sugar & Olive Oil mixture – Awesome facial and body scrub.
- Mayonnaise – Excellent hair conditioner.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Honey – Facial mask.
- Fluoride Toothpaste – Pimple remover
- Witch Hazel – Astringent
- Beer – Removes residue and build up from hair.
- Sugar & Lotion – Foot scrub/exfoliater.
- Milk & Honey – Moisturizing foot bath/soak.
Please visit my other spots: