Whew! Are you tired? Are you worn out, run down, stressed and just barely hanging on by a VERY thin thread? Well, welcome to the Holiday season! During the Holiday season it is very easy to forget to take care of YOU. Amid all of the Christmas shopping, Christmas Parties, Christmas plays, the baking, the kids, the stores…and the list goes on and on, we often forget about ourselves. I am going to tell you something and you are going to laugh… TAKE SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF! I understand the concept is foreign and unheard of BUT for the sake of your Mental, Spiritual and Physical health you need to find time for you.
So here are two very simple ways to get a little YOU time! (prepare your family ahead of time, so that they will know this time is for YOU!)
1. Put yourself in “Time Out” – by this I mean go to your room (alone) and close the door for 15 minutes!
· No phone!
· No Computer!
· No Children!
· No Husband!
· No answering questions!
· No checking homework!
· No Cellphone!
· No Texting!
· If you have an alarm clock set it for 15 minutes, fluff the pillows, lay down, shut your eyes and BREATHE!
2. Take a Steamy Bath! (Yes, it is simple but Beautiful!)
· Light 2-3 scented candles (Lavender is light but fragrant)
· Next you have to fill the bathroom with scented steam (you’ll see how)
· run your bath water (hot as you can stand it SAFELY)
· Add some scented oil
· When the tub is about half full turn on the shower to fill the tub the rest of the way
· This will also steam your bathroom!
· Add a little bathroom music *a mp3 player with some small speakers works well because you have play-lists*
· Get in your scented steam bath and RELAX!
There you have it! Two ways you can relax this Holiday season (It is NOT Holiday season, this is a re-post BUT back to school time warrants relaxation don't you agree?!?!?)! It is ok to be busy but remember if you burn yourself out who could possibly take YOUR place??
Relax a Little!
Please visit my other spots: