Have you heard of SmartSilk Pillows or Covers? I had not until a call went out to test SmartSilk pillows. And since many of you know of my love for all things FREE I jumped on the chance to review these pillows.
First let me tell you ...
I received this complementary pillow from SmartSilk and FuelMyBlog to try in exchange for my honest and unbiased review of the product. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. All opinions about the product are my own.
So first the SmartSilk details:
SmartSilk™ Bedding is:
- Naturally 100% hypo-allergic - does not trigger feather-related allergic reactions
- Rich with the protein sericin - the best choice for those with skin allergies
- Inhospitable to dust mites - a great relief to allergy sufferers
- Able to wick away excessive moisture - ideal for those affected by night sweats, or mild incontinence
- A fire retardant - ideal for crib bedding
- Resistant to mold & mildew and is one of the strongest natural fibers - durable, long lasting
- Light in weight and will not take on body odor - luxurious, soft, comfortable
- A temperature regulator - gives you warmth when it is cold and cools you down when warm
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly™ - confidence you can trust
NOW! My Thoughts!
Okay so first of all this is a pillow filled with silk! It is extra soft and actually feels like the pillows in high-end hotels! The pillow comes in three sizes, Standard, Queen, and King. It is a good choice if you have allergies or asthma! I like and dislike this pillow. I wanted to LOVE it but I did not! For me this pillow is TOO SOFT! I need a little bit of firmness under my head. This pillow molds to the shape of your head and seems to encase the head! While sleeping on my back the sides of the pillow actually come up on the sides and I almost felt like I was smothering. Maybe my head is too big and too heavy, but what ever the reason I did not like it! Maybe in the winter this will add extra warmth by the way you sink into it. On the plus side though the pillow actually had some noise cancelling properties! Not sure if that was intentional or just a by product but with your head buried in this pillow sounds are muffled!
So I would say on a scale of 1-10, I give these SmartSilk Pillows a solid 8!
To learn more about SmartSilk Pillows and Bedding you can go HERE, HERE, and HERE!
Please visit my other spots: